A CVS to Perforce converter
This CVS to Perforce converter extracts metadata from a CVS repository and generates a Perforce depot by directly generating Perforce metadata. The converter handles Attic/ and .cvsignore, and has flexible support for branching. (See the README and NEWS files for more info.)
NOTE: Perforce Software now supports a new CVS converter, p4convert-cvs. For details, see the Perforce web site here. The CVS2P4 converter is not supported by Perforce Technical Support. Nonetheless, the folks at Perforce Technical Support remain huge fans of Richard Geiger for his CVS2P4 and other contributions.
- Make sure that all files in your CVS repository are unlocked before starting the conversion; the converter may have trouble importing locked files.
- Change 8160 on 2012/07/06 by michael@mb-wok
- Archive obsolete CVS to Perforce converter.
See the Perforce KB and website for an updated CVS to Perforce converter.
- Change 7276 on 2009/06/09 by richard_geiger@richard_geiger:mine:public_depot
- Update "latest" link for 3.1
- Change 7275 on 2009/06/09 by richard_geiger@richard_geiger:mine:public_depot
- The tarball for 3.1
- Change 7274 on 2009/06/09 by richard_geiger@richard_geiger:mine:public_depot
- Integrate dev changes to become 3.1
- Change 5650 on 2006/09/05 by richard_geiger@richard_geiger-ip
- Publish 3.0b6
Copyright (c) 2006 Richard M. Geiger
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.