How to Browse
Please do not download software from this site unless you have read the statement below and agree to it:
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY: For any and all software downloaded from the Perforce Public Depot: Perforce Software, Inc. disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
If you're simply curious about our Public Depot, take a look at the project pages in this wiki, or browse the depot directly using one of the following products we have setup on this site:
- The recommended browser interface to the Perforce Depot is P4Web. To browse the depot with P4Web, just click on the browse link above, or point your browser to http://public.perforce.com:8080/.
- P4Web lets you navigate a depot hierarchy, observe activity, and browse file content. (The links on this page to Public Depot paths are handled by P4Web.) Start here to try it out.
- P4Web is currently available from the Perforce Downloads page.
- P4FTP, a supported Perforce product, allows access to a Perforce depot via the widely-implemented ftp protocol. P4FTP is configured to provide read-only access for browsing and downloading content from the Perforce Public Depot.
- P4FTP can also be used by registered Public Depot users for read-write access; in this mode, it allows Perforce to be used conveniently from software with ftp client support, (like Dreamweaver, Netscape, and Internet Explorer) to browse, download, or upload Perforce depot files.
- More information about P4FTP, including download instructions, can be found here.
- You can run any of the available Perforce client programs (P4, P4V, P4Web, etc.) on your own machine to access the Public Depot. To connect to the Public Depot, just set your Perforce port (P4PORT) to:
- Note that we periodically purge client specs created by unregistered users. You are free to create new clients but unless you're a registered user, don't count on having a persistent client spec in the depot. See below for instructions on becoming a registered user.
- Perforce client programs are available from the Perforce Downloads page.