About This Project
The Monthly Stats MediaWiki extension adds a new special page, Special:MonthlyStats, that contains charts showing month-by-month contribution statistics.
If the $wgP4EXEC, $wgP4PORT, $wgP4WEBURL, etc variables are defined (as for the Perforce MediaWiki extension), the same information will be shown for Perforce changelist submissions.
- The charts are drawn by the Google Chart API. The server doesn't need to have any special software installed to make this work, since the images are served up by Google, but users will need to be able to connect to google.com.
- Per-user information will be displayed in the bar charts if it's possible to fit it into a URL of less than 2048 characters. If not, the bar chart will just show the totals for all users.
- The default timespan shown on the bar chart is one year. Any span from one to ten years can be shown by adding the number of years to the page URL, e.g. Special:MonthlyStats/2.
Copyright (C) 2009 Sam Stafford This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
- Change 7308 on 2009/07/07 by sam_stafford@samwise-silver-mwiki
- Just for fun, added a way to specify a path for the changelist query in
Special:MonthlyStats. With the "-i" option this actually generates
some interesting pictures of overall contributions to a project branch.
Might break this out into a distinct parser function at some point so
changelist bar charts can be inserted into project or user pages.
- Change 7303 on 2009/07/06 by sam_stafford@samwise-silver-mwiki
- Replace URL encoding with more selective " "/"%20" replacement. Full
URL encoding seems a little more aggressive than what is necessary and
causes the character limit to get overrun faster than it should.
- Change 7302 on 2009/07/02 by sam_stafford@samwise-silver-mwiki
- URL-encode chart data before checking it for the 2048-character limit.
- Change 7301 on 2009/07/01 by sam_stafford@samwise-silver-mwiki
- Fine-tune the logic for which users are color-coded and listed in the
graphs and which aren't. Rather than a fixed percent, users are now
sorted by greatest number of submissions in a month and the top N are
selected over two passes (the first with exemptions for users active in
the pie chart months, the second without if the first wasn't enough to
whittle it down to N).
N is currently set to 18 since that seems to be just enough to fill up
the bar chart legend.
- Change 7299 on 2009/06/30 by sam_stafford@samwise-silver-mwiki
- Have Monthly Stats default to a 1 year period instead of 2.